Saturday 7 June 2008

And Also The Trees - The Millpond Years (1987)



One of the best albums of this unique english post-punk band.
An atmosphere is quite cold and "archaic".
Here's lyrics from my favourite AATT song called "Simple Tom And The Ghost of Jenny Bailey":

The day flees the town with a drunkards yell,,
Silence from the slaughterhouse
And the midnight bell
Shudders down Shambles alley
Slamming shutters-
And the market litter flies,
Newspaper acrobats, straw and rags
Whirl up to Tom's window...
And away.

Simple Tom looks out across the town,
'Come into my shipwreck room,'
Creaking beams and tilting shadows
And the tallow-sticks burn
High above athe cobble streets.
'Come into my shipwreck room
Jenny Bailey.'

We can see Tom's hand only,
Pulling horse-fair from the chair.
The candle splutters,
His pupil shrinks, his pupil grows.
'You are my ghost Jenny Bailey,
Come and dance with me
While the whole town sleeps.'

Simple Tom looks out across the town,
'Walk across the scaly roofs
Look into my open window,
Oh, my rooftop girl
Rats-tail hair and milky skin
Glinting in the weather-vanes...
Jenny Bailey.'


Tracklist:
01) The Suffering of The Stream
02) Simple Tom and The Ghost of Jenny Bailey
03) The House of The Heart
04) This Ship in Trouble
05) Count Jefferey
06) Shaletown
07) The Sandstone Man
08) From The Silver Frost
09) The Millpond Years
10) Needle Street
11) L'Unica Strada

Download

2 comments:

Rare Cold Jewels said...

Hey Rommel!! Oh you've a blog two!! :) hihi, no I don't mind, can I two???
Have a nice evening!!!

Flo!

ps: nice to see Voyage de noz here, amazing!! :)

Vlanik Ro said...

Hi, Flo! I'll make a link to your blog later.
Oh, thanks for the videos of Exces Nocturne & Little Nemo!